Exploring music, instrument-building and cross-cultural communities
EVENTS – click links to register
- 6 February 2018: Ethnomusicology Revisited: Contemporary Approaches to the Study of Indonesian Music, seminar, University of Sydney
- 6 February 2018: The Sound of Shadows performance, Mosman Art Gallery, Sydney
- 8 February 2018: “Making Connections with the music and culture of Wonosobo in Java’s Dieng Plateau” symposium, exhibition and performance at Monash University
- 10 February 2018: The Sound of Shadows performance, Aeso Studio, Melbourne
- 11 February 2018: Building the Bundengan instrument-building workshop, Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, School of Historical and Philosophical Studies, the University of Melbourne.
- 11 February 2018: Listening Party: Aural Archipelago, Thornbury, Melbourne
- 12 February 2018: Bundengan: The Music of Wonosobo at the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Melbourne
Click here further information on the Making Connections project.
We are grateful for the generous support of the Helen Soemardjo Arts Fund and the following partners: